The Royal Regency Hotel is a family owned and operated boutique hotel proudly located in Yonkers, New York. We are dedicated to providing our guests with excellent customer service in the comfortable, intimate, and welcoming setting of our hotel. We are nearing completion of a multimillion dollar renovation which will allow us to re-brand our entire property as Yonkers’ first and only boutique hotel. We are currently looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and highly motivated person to lead our sales efforts. The Sales Manager is responsible for maximizing the occupancy and ADR of the hotel, while upholding excellent guest service and accommodations to all guests.
- This position will work closely with the hotel’s preferred accounts and group reservations.
- This position manages the sales effort and supports the General Manager on operational issues.
- The Sales Manager is also responsible to increase corporate client base through consistent solicitations
- while establishing trust and rapport with clients to generate and boost revenues for the hotel.
- The Sales Manager will actively pursue all market segments including group, tour and SMERF.
- The Sales Manager services new and existing accounts to ensure repeat business.
- This position requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The compensation package is negotiable for the right candidate.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Generating top line revenue through new accounts development.
- Forecasting sales revenue and departmental expenses.
- Conducting sales calls to key accounts or major prospects while promoting the hotel through personal involvement in community and business networking organizations.
- Maintaining an effective sales activity reporting system
- Providing exemplary guest service and setting a performance example for staff to follow.
- Responsible for providing leadership relating to the execution of sales functions, policies and standards
- Directs the effort to improve potential for various existing and new markets.
- Effective yield management
- Responsible for ongoing Social media presence inconjunction with P/R and Brand Mgmt partners
- Lead the sales effort through the completion of the renovation and beyond
- BA in Sales/Business/Management. Advanced coursework a plus.
- Minimum 5+ years of hotel sales management experience and a proven trackrecord of success in achieving revenue objectives.
- Superior customer service skills and work ethic.
- Effective business communication skills.
- Skills for negotiation and interpretation of contracts.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills for garnering effective relationships.
- Demonstrate the ability of critical thinking and strong time management skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team.
- Must be able to manage, delegate and organize multiple projects at a time.
- Maintain a high level of business ethics in dealing with customers.
- Must be willing to pitch-in and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, and clear.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Energetic and Enthusiastic