The Royal Regency Hotel is a family owned and operated boutique hotel proudly located in Yonkers, New York. We are dedicated to providing our guests with excellent customer service in the comfortable, intimate, and welcoming setting of our hotel. We are nearing completion of a multimillion dollar renovation which will allow us to re-brand our entire property as Yonkers’ first and only boutique hotel. We are currently looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and highly motivated person to lead and supervise all day to day banquet operations, as well as events, to ensure optimum performance, exceptional guest service and maximum profitability of all functions. S/he will train and motivate staff to exceed goals. The ideal candidate for this position will be a creative, self motivated, ambitious person who enjoys a challenge; in this case, the challenge being to do whatever is necessary to bring our banquet facility to the next level. There is some flexibility in EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION for the right candidate.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains a commitment to customer service and guest satisfaction
- Maintains open communication with Department Heads
- Maintains a willingness to go beyond the call of duty in order to ensure task completion and guest satisfaction
- Supervises the performance, attendance, attitudes, appearance and conduct of banquet team members
- Recommends discipline and/or termination when appropriate
- Conducts staff meetings as necessary
- Conducts function review with customer; adjusts specifications as necessary and follows up to insure all details are correct
- Reviews Banquet Event Orders and communicates all pertinent information effectively to the banquet team as well as other department heads.
- Schedules employees in accordance with staffing requirements of each function, communicates details of function to employees
- Synchronizes timing of banquet activities by verifying details with Executive Chef
- Inspects scheduled areas/rooms, lighting, temperature, table set-up, bar set-ups, buffet tables, receptions and coffee breaks for cleanliness, attractiveness, proper layout, etc.
- Ensures that banquet space is set-up and service delivery is carried out according to guest expectations and BEO
- Assists the banquet captains with conducting pre-function meetings
- Provides prompt follow-up to all guest concerns
- Interacts with property staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
- Performs other related duties as necessary and/or assigned
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- The ability to listen and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas
- Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
- Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
- Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two or four year degree in field of choice preferred
- At least five years catering/banquet experience required
- At least three years supervisory experience preferred